Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bento Supplies Arriving & Funny Japanese Translation ;)

A few of the Bento accessories I ordered have come in -- and my favorite, favorite are these hard boiled egg shapers. Shell the egg when it's piping hot after being hard boiled and close them in the mold and douse the whole mold in cold water for 10 minutes. It comes out perfectly formed. Photo doesn't show the detail, but they are so freakin cute!

Other things to point out: this is an actual Bento box -- it is tinier than I expected and then stacks in 2 tiers, with the giraffe lid on top, and is fastened with an elastic strap. The little pink cat dish holding the yogurt raisins is made of silicone. The tiny bottle you see on the salad is actually shaped like a little pig, and you suck up dressing or soy sauce for your meal. I am guessing it holds about 1/2 ounce.

Finally I used metal mini veggie cutters to make green peppers into stars and flowers. The boxes for the egg molds and cutters came all written in Japanese - including instructions. (I figured out the eggs online.) But the Japanese were so kind to translate an ad for the cutters in English.

It reads: "It's going to spread out in a mouth that memories of childhood it's a sweet."

There ya go! Bon apetit!

Linking to What's for Lunch Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. I just bought the egg shapers too--the car and fish! Can't wait to try them, I'm hoping Beckett will be as giddy about them as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks best stojo cup in singapore

    ReplyDelete