Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tea with the Girlz


Lisa invited me to join a little group of girlz to lunch at the Strawberry Tree in Curwensville, Pa. What a treat! It reminded me how Mom would make my brother and me a sweet little lunch during Saturday "Manners Class" at the Dixon Farm.
We split the two-tiered sampler featuring delicious curried tuna, smoked turkey and ham salad sandwich triangles, some cheese & crackers, veggies, and you can see all the delectables we could taste for dessert.
Each of us got to select our own teabag from a cool wooden box, and we steeped them in personal teapots.
What a memorable afternoon with those girlz! (So here's a little distinction -- when I write "girlz," I mean any of my dear adult girlfriends. Some are truly like sisters!)
I loved this two-tiered plate, how 'bout it, and can you see the punched tin chargers and that adorable violet sugar bowl? I was really inspired to host tea myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment