Sunday, February 27, 2011

Road Trip: State College - Pickles Tap Room


I cannot believe February is almost over! It brings us closer to that season of year I love -- road trip season! I have always loved my long weekends and day trips. Yesterday my husband, Pat, and I took a trip an hour east to State College, Pa., where we did a little mall shopping and a Sam's club trip (on hungry stomachs!)


Then we headed downtown for a bite. My first pick, Baby's, I decided did not suit my diet -- milkshake, burger & fries in a 50's diner is just too tempting. My second pick, Cafe 210 West, was closed (!), so we landed at Pickle's Tap Room on Allen Street. Pat stuck with the burger and I got a turkey grinder. The 60 miles we traveled must cross over the virtual continental divide where "submarine sandwiches" are no longer called HOAGIES, but GRINDERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment