Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras Tree

HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!



To kick of Mardi Gras, I'm sharing some photos of my Christmas tree, all done up in purples and golds and greens, feathers, masks, jewelry and other fun baubles and beads. Even a Beanie Baby found his way. That beautiful sweetheart mask on the top left I recused from a yard sale in Girard, Pa. And of course the Fleur de Lis!


One of my favorites, made in Italy.



Here you see a great example of some of the antique costume jewelry I use as garland. The jewelry collection belonged to my grandmother and are authentic from the 1920s to probably the 1950s.




My little jester perches on the mantle next to Gram's cameo.



I love this shot with the peacock and his feathers, and that's actually a mask necklace given to me as a gift from a friend visiting New Orleans; I've been there once. What else can you see there? A French horn, more of Gram's necklaces, a lady's fan, a handle to a cosmetic mirror, and purple poinsettias. Once you see this tree in person, you will never forget it! It makes me smile all Christmas season, and some year, I'll keep it up until Mardi Gras.


Indulge!



No comments:

Post a Comment