Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Road Trip: Williamsport - Le Jeune Chef, Penn College Campus

Didn't I just mention... ROAD TRIP season has begun!!!
A workshop on Green Building sent me eastward to Williamsport, Pa., this week to the campus of Penn College technical school. When we broke up around 12:30, I was asking for directions to the nearest Subway, when some of the attendants and speakers, knowing I had a long drive home, invited me to join them for lunch at Le Jeune Chef. Translated, "the young chef" is a 5-star on campus dining experience run by Penn College's culinary students. Each day features a new menu!

I chose a marinated salmon salad with grapeseed viniagrette dressing and a cup of vegetable bisque soup. The salad was served in a cucumber cylinder, which made for great presentation. Others in our party chose an eggroll ravioli salad (topped with an over-easy egg), an Italian meats grilled panini, and a falafel-stuffed pita. Nice variety and a cross-section of ethnic tastes.
Check it out next time you're on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment